What service are you interested in?
Are you looking to have an RHFAC assessment done to certify your build? Look no further. As an RHFAC certified professional I can work with you and your team to have your space assessed. Whether it is a brand-new build or you are renovating an existing space, I can help by:
- Working together from the planning stages of a build to ensure you are beautifully inclusive by giving you my thoughtful eye and recommendations to ensure you don’t miss prime opportunities to build in accessibility
- Jumping in at any pre-construction stage on the project to offer you advice or guidance on accessibility
- Completing a review of your drawings for pre-construction assessment for RHFAC certification
- Doing a complete on-site visit of an existing site for RHFAC certification
- Submitting my assessment of your site so that you can get certified (And brag about it if you wish!)
If you are interested in learning more about having your site certified, please contact me. I am happy to answer any questions you may have.
If you are looking to improve the overall accessibility of your site at any stage without pursuing RHF certification, or you are looking to meet the CMHC MLI Select program requirements, I can help by:
- Working together from the very beginning of a build to ensure you are beautifully inclusive by giving you my thoughtful eye and recommendations to ensure you don’t miss prime opportunities to build in accessibility. (You do not need to certify your build to make it better)
- Jumping in at any planning stage the project to offer you advice or guidance on accessibility
- Offering workshops and planning sessions to help get you on the right track
- Creating and presenting materials to your employer, staff, or clients for educational or planning purposes
If you are interested in learning more about working with me, please contact me. I am happy to answer any questions you may have.
I speak on a variety of topics in the realm of disability, chronic illness, inclusivity, and accessibility. My passion is removing barriers and I believe one of the best ways to do that is through education and conversation. I have a bank of lived experience with various medical conditions and disabilities to draw on, as well as my training, and I have been in the world of advocacy for many years. Some of the topics I cover are:
- Tourette Syndrome and all of its quirks/challenges
- Co-morbidities of Tourette syndrome such as ADHD, OCD, Coprolalia, dyscalculia, dysgraphia, intrusive thoughts, motor tics, vocal tics, executive dysfunction, sensory processing disorder/sensory integration dysfunction, processing disorder, disinhibition, echolalia, palilalia, anxiety, mood disorders, sleep disorders, migraines/headaches, phobias
- Loving/supporting someone with Tourette Syndrome
- Supporting someone with learning disabilities
- Chronic pain
- Loving/supporting someone with chronic pain
- Employment and disability (for both employer and employee) including job seeking, disclosure, and other important topics.
- Disability and accessibility in the world/workplace/built environment
If you are interested in learning more about having me speak at your event, or have a topic not listed above and are curious if I can cover it, please contact me. I am happy to answer any questions you may have.